Regional program for performing arts in Southeast Europe
Initiated in 2011 by the French institute in Paris, the French Ministry of Culture and the French Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs, Teatroskop is a program designed to boost the cooperation between France and South-East Europe in the field of performing arts in its most contemporary and audacious forms. The program supports reinforcement of professional networks through encouraging the project-sharing, enabling professional encounters and stimulating cooperation between the regional actors and the French scene.
The program is open to various forms of performing arts: theatre, dance, circus, puppetry and street performance. From 2020 to 2022, the priority shall be given to touring and cooperation projects in the field of contemporary circus, contemporary dance, puppetry and programs oriented towards young audiences.
TEATROSKOP operates in the South-East Europe and takes into account the vast cultural diversity of this region. The South-East Europe is considered in a broad sense and includes following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
Program objectives :
The program activities are structured around 4 main objectives:
- To develop, coordinate and strengthen a network of Southeast European professionals cooperating with their French peers,
- Facilitate the presence and visibility of the French performances and France-based artists, in order to enable the professional encounters and establishment of comprehensive relations
- Encourage cooperation, coproductions and exchanges between France-based professionals and their peers from South East Europe.
- Strengthen the capacities of the professionals and artists in the South East Europe.
The coordination of the program is entrusted to the French Institute of Serbia, which is performing this mission in close cooperation with other French institutes from the region.
Program operates in the following manner:
- By acting as a mediator between France-based artists and companies on one hand, and various partners from South-East Europe on the other hand, in order to bring them together and facilitate the organization of regional tours and joint projects.
- By keeping regional partners up to date with the new tendencies on the French contemporary scene
- By organizing, in close cooperation with partners and in consultation with each Cultural Attaché of the regional countries concerned, professional meetings that allow actors in the region to discuss their practices and questions related to the performing arts (cultural policies, aesthetics, sector development, cultural mediation…). These professional meetings also present an opportunity for participants to discover new works and artists.
- By inviting the professionals from South East Europe, selected by local cultural attachés, to festivals and showcases organized in France or in the region, in order to present them new performances and artists
- By financially supporting the mobility of artists and their works
- By fostering and financially supporting the activities related to capacity building, artistic workshops and masterclasses
- By encouraging and financially supporting the coproductions and cooperations between France-based artists and institutions on one hand, and regional scenes on the other hand. It also supports translation of contemporary theatrical texts and the restaging by regional artists of the performances created by France-based companies.
If you are a France-based company looking for the partners in South-East Europe for one of your projects
- Please contact us at email@example.com and send us a short description of your project
- Upon studying your project, we shall send you a customized list with recommended contacts of the regular Teatroskop partners, and we can act a an advisor on project development and contact facilitator.
- Do not hesitate to put in carbon copy the French institute in Paris and the cultural attaché of the concerned country.
If you are an organization/institution based in South-East Europe, planning to host or to organize a tour of a French performance in the region,
- Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook et Linkedin , to receive the latest information on calls for projects for touring support (Call for projects 2020 is now closed)
- We shall also consider support for projects created upon closing of our official call. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to participate at a professional showcase session in France or assist a performance presented in the region with the support of Teatroskop?
Do you want to take part in or organize a workshop or a meeting for the professionals in your country or in the region ?
- Please contact the cultural attaché of the French institute in your country and the French institute in Serbia – Teatroskop to present your project.
To find out more about our activities and projects that we support, please check out our annual reports for the last two years!
Tanja Gavrilovic / TEATROSKOP
Catherine Faudry / Institut français de Serbie
Sébastien Bris / Institut français Paris